Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hump day week in review!


What a week this has been so far! My 3 month old Dell laptop's C: drive crashed, so I've been relying on a backup laptop that I had to add new programs onto. It's been an experience. After so many years of using Dell computers, imagine my surprise! At least it was still under warranty...anyway...

The sample show on Friday went ok. I sold enough to cover my registration, then promptly spent some of it on a bag and dress. Damn sample sales! I don't know how anyone could pass up a $5 bag and a $10 dress though. I have no willpower! Some lessons learned 1) having a booth at a sample sale implies that you are selling samples, clothes in particular (which I also had brought, phew!) and 2) nobody will buy jewelry at full price, just stuff at cut rate prices. Not from you, not from anyone.

So I am thinking of other "real world" venues to show at where my one of a kind upcycled jewelry would be appreciated - any ideas?? There is a great Farmer's Market by me, would anyone be interested in hanging out on a Friday afternoon/evening in Monrovia? I could use the help! I'm serious, let me know!

So, other that all of that, I am very sad to see the US lose in the World Cup. Vuvuzelas be damned, I'm still watching. Love it! I get hooked every four years, it's like sports crack to me. And it sure doesn't hurt that the guys are eye candy!

Lastly, I just wanted to say thanks for your support! It's been a kinda rough last few days, so it has been really great to be able to go to my Facebook and see the nice sentiments there. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment